Monday, December 10, 2007

Crabtree and Harrell awards, ranking the bowls, etc


DT!
More plaudits for Mr. Crabtree (and the first for Graham Harrell):

Red Raiders.com

Crabtree was named Freshman of the Year and he received the Paul Warfield Award, like the Biletnikoff, given annually to the nation's top receiver.

Crabtree joins Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell as an honoree of The Touchdown Club of Columbus. Harrell was awarded the Sammy Baugh Trophy as the nation's top quarterback. He is the third Tech quarterback to receive the award, after Kliff Kingsbury in 2002 and B.J. Symons in 2003.

All of the post season awards are wonderful and have already raised the profile of the program, recruiting is seeing a definite improvement already, and all I want for Christmas is a Big 12 Championship.

A true test awaits Crabtree in the Gator Bowl and next year. The target will be n his back - and he will get measured for a new hat size - let's all hope that it's the same hat size he wore in the Spring of 2007.

DT!
I didn't do it - but this outfit did...

South Carolina's "The State"

Gator Bowl clocks in at #15 - I haven't had much time to think about other bowls that might be more exciting...

Just thought you guys might want to see it...

DT! Brian Mayes has asked me to contact him in the comments section of the post below. Brian, in case you couldn't tell I already contacted you. I'm asking you to contact me.

Of course whatever you tell me will be reported here immediately, so why don't you craft a communication in your own words and send it to me. That way I can't be accused of bending the facts.

You've brought yourself into the public forum - and need to be accountable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

I would be happy to discuss the status of the I Like Mike Fund over the phone or in person if you live in the Dallas area. Not really into blogs -- to be honest, I have never really read them or communicated through them until I started this fund. You never really know who you are dealing with -- but I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have in person or over the phone. Heck, if you live in Dallas and can meet me in person then the beer is on me!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, Brian