Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dear Brian Mayes,

An exercise in self-gratification


How's that "I Like Mike Fund" going?

One of the things I'm really a big fan of is accountability. You can't just go sending off press releases - getting your idea promoted by the likes of ESPN and The Dallas Morning News and then expect that we would just forget?

Those major media outlets have moved on - the "I Like Mike Fund" is of no interest to them - they're busy with bowl games and NFL Playoffs and whatnot...

Not me.

You got some 'splaining to do, Lucy.

So let me do some guessing and see how close I am - and if I'm wrong - you send me an e-mail to the blog - make sure you send that to discotechblog@gmail.com.

Let's start:





How close am I?

Please tell me I missed the press release you sent about the planned picture with coach Leach and yourself holding a big check.

Now, please tell me you sent everyone their money back.

And tell me Plains National Bank has helped you in this effort. Nice deal on their part getting a little free publicity. PNB has been a big supporter of Tech over the years - so they should be first in line to be sure that no Tech alumni were harmed in the making of this farce.

So Brian, tell me I'm wrong.

We're waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bond,

Wow! Such vitriol! If you would like an update, please send me your phone number at ilikemikefund@gmail.com and I will be happy to personally tell you how the Fund is coming along (quite well, thank you - even had some Longhorn fans donate!). Anyway, let me know the best way to reach you and we can discuss personally.

Thanks for your interest.

Brian

Sunshine Scooter said...

Bond, if you talk to Brian, keep me updated. I'm interested to see how this pans out.

Thanks,

Sunshine Scooter