Monday, November 19, 2007

Gator Bowl Bound

Well, it looks like it at this point.

At one point during the Oklahoma game on Saturday, my buddy and I started discussing Tech's bowl possibilities. We decided that we would either end up in Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl, or in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl.

I lamented in the fact that I did not bring my Alligator Skin Boots to throw onto the field to give the Gator Bowl people a hint (would've gone nicely with Mike Leach's new hat). Guess I didn't have to!

LINK

The Gator Bowl definitely will invite Texas Tech to its New Year’s Day game if the Red Raiders are available to them with the fifth pick from the Big 12 Conference, Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett said Monday.

The Gator Bowl choosing Tech will be contingent on two factors: Two teams from the Big 12 making the BCS and the Cotton and Holiday bowls taking a pass on the Red Raiders.

Catlett said his game will take Tech if the Raiders are available with the fifth pick from the conference.

No comments: